We are a multi-cultural congregation who follows Jesus Christ and actively loves and serves our community. Our members range from lifelong followers of Christ to individuals who are just beginning their spiritual journey. At Haws Avenue UMC, we are united by our collective aim to genuinely live out our faith in Christ as well as our commitment to reach out to our community, bringing God’s love, hope and healing to the world.
“TO ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER IN CHRISTIAN LOVE”
Our vision is for Haws Avenue to be a genuine community of followers of Jesus in which:
- Those who are discouraged can find unity, healing, love and compassion.
- Those who are searching for meaning can find truth, life, and purpose.
- Those who are spiritually mature can find clarity, encouragement and growth in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- All people can find fellowship with one another and a spiritual home.
“TO REACH UP TO GOD & OUT TO THE COMMUNITY”
The mission of Haws Avenue UMC is to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ, lead people into a personal relationship with Jesus, nurture followers to grow in faith, and send them into the world to bring hope to a hurting world.
our CORE VALUES
- Worship -We are committed to a Christ-centered worship, which is inspirational and seeks to connect people with the power of Christ.
- Relationships – We invite, welcome, encourage, pray, walk with and accept all persons in and outside of Haws Avenue
- Accountability – We are committed to helping each other do no harm, do good and stay committed to God as modeled by Jesus. We love God and one another through our prayers, presence and service.
- Outreach – We are committed to sharing God’s love and grace through service in our community. Scripture calls us to show our faith by our actions. We pray for, work with and build up our community locally, regionally and globally.
- God is Creator and Ruler of the universe.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
- The Holy Spirit lives in each believer; leading, sustaining, and empowering us.
- The Bible is God’s Word for us.
- Salvation is a gift from Jesus Christ.
- A Christian is a person who accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
we are located in the heart of norristown, on the corner of haws avenue and marshall streets, just one mile from the norristown transportation center. originally built in 1896, our church building is deeply rooted in norristown history.
800 West Marshall Street Norristown, PA 19401
Pastor Rodney Brailsford
Director of Music